How to Book Your Holiday
To book one of our cottages, first check the availability calendar for the cottage(s) you’re interested in booking.
You then have two options to choose from:
Option 1 – Personal Contact
Use the Contact Us button to send us a message, confirm availability and with any questions or requests you feel we may be able to help with. We’re real people and happy to help, so if you prefer to phone rather than use the contact form you’ll find the details on the same page (although we can often reply sooner to a Contact message than to a message on the phone).
We’ll confirm availability and pricing, answer any questions you may have, and when you’re ready to go ahead we’ll send you a link to our booking form.
Option 2 – Online Reservation
This is becoming popular, so we’ve added the facility to make an instant reservation so your chosen dates are no longer available for others to book. You don’t make any payment until we’ve checked and accepted the booking. It works for our “standard” letting periods which are described for each cottage, but for anything else including Christmas and New Year, (and we try to be flexible if possible out of season) please use the Contact Us button. And of course if you have any queries during the process, we’re still available to help.
Here’s how it works:
- On the Availability Page for each cottage, you’ll find a box where you can enter your chosen dates and get instant confirmation of availability and rates.
- You can then choose to carry on and reserve those dates (or check others instead).
- A booking form will open up for you to complete, and once you submit it your chosen dates are blocked out.
- You don’t make a payment yet.
- We’ll check the information on the booking form for any amendments (such as too many guests for the cottage, or applying an advertised special rate) and then email you acceptance and payment details (deposit or full amount) – or let you know if there are any amendments needed.
- Once we’ve sent the acceptance, your chosen dates will remain blocked off for up to 24 hours (you’ll see the dates shown as Provisionally Booked on our availability calendar) pending receipt of your payment when we’ll confirm your booking. If we haven’t received the due payment after 24 hours the dates will be made available again for other guests to reserve.
We ask for a deposit of 25% to confirm the booking and reserve your dates, with the balance due 8 weeks before your holiday starts.
If it’s less than 8 weeks before your holiday starts, we ask for the full amount with booking.
We are verified to accept payments by Debit and Credit card for which we provide you with a link to the Barclaycard secure payment gateway (please note that we don’t have a facility to take payments by phone). We don’t make a charge for card transactions.
We can also accept payment by direct bank transfer.
For more information see our standard Terms and Conditions
We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you to Green Barn Cottages.
Do you have a hotmail address?
We answer your emails promptly, but if you have a hotmail address our responses may appear in your spam folder or even be discarded with no notification, leading you to believe that we’re ignoring you! We don’t ignore our guests.
This is very common with hotmail.
Please consider adding @greenbarncottages to your safe senders list, and please get in touch again if you don’t receive a full reply within 12 hours.