Sleeps 4 in two superking or adult-sized twin ensuite bedrooms.
Can be linked with The Byre for up to 8.
No Smoking Indoors
With the coveted Five Star Gold Award rating from Visit England, The Haystore provides all the comforts you could want for your holiday together with an extra wow factor and stunning views from your terrace.
The Haystore is on two levels, plus a gallery, with fully controllable underfloor heating throughout provided by our ground source heat pumps.
Similar in layout to The Byre, The Haystore is built “upside down”, with the bedrooms on the ground floor and living area above. It has its own entrance through one of the original stable doors of the barn into a porch and “muddy boot” area. A utility room has a washing machine and tumble dryer.
There are two double or twin bedrooms, each with full en-suite facilities including a whirlpool bath specially shaped for showering, with a thermostatically controlled mains-pressure shower over, and a towel warmer. The comfortable six foot wide beds can be split into two adult-sized singles, so the bedrooms can be arranged as twins if desired. One bedroom has French doors leading outside to steps up to the rear grounds.
Upstairs is a superb and comfortably furnished living area with two leather sofas. Patio doors open from the lounge onto a terrace with table and chairs, where you can smoke if you wish, and which leads out onto the rear grounds. The terrace has gates which can be closed if you have a dog. The lounge has a stone fireplace with a wood-burning stove which provides a lovely focal point and a supplement to the underfloor heating in the coldest weather, and we’ve made full use of the original height of the barn, with the old roof trusses exposed and a wooden staircase leading up to a gallery area with armchairs and a sofa.
There’s an LCD television with Freesat, which also receives radio channels and a DVD/Blu-Ray player to enable you to watch a movie in the evenings and play music CDs.
The dining area has a large table and plenty of good quality crockery, cutlery and glasses are provided.
The kitchen is fully fitted with a double oven, ceramic hob, full size fridge/freezer, microwave, slow-cooker crockpot and a dishwasher, with plenty of storage space.
For a large group we can connect the upstairs living areas of The Haystore and The Byre which are normally separated by twin solid firedoors and soundproofing. If The Haystore is rented along with The Byre, the dining table is large enough for a group of up to 8 guests. By putting in extra tables, The Haystore dining area can seat up to 14 if all three cottages are rented together for family and friends occasions – very popular at Christmas and New Year.
Parking by the cottage for two cars, more by arrangement.
No smoking inside any of the cottages.
Well trained dogs are welcome by arrangement.
What you’ll find in The Haystore
- Fully controllable underfloor heating from our ground source heat pumps
- Feature fireplace with woodburning stove
- Wireless internet access
- Flat screen 42″ TV with Freesat and radio channels
- DVD/Blu-Ray Player
- Welcome tray on arrival
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Fully fitted kitchen including
- Separate oven and ceramic hob
- Fridge and freezer
- Microwave oven
- Slow cooker
- Food Processor/Blender
- Full range of pans and utensils
- Plenty of cutlery, glasses, dishes and crockery, teapot and cafetiere
- Quality furnishings
- Comfortable six foot wide Superking size beds, which can be arranged as adult-sized twins, in both bedrooms
- Hairdryers in both bedrooms
- Powerful showers
- Whirlpool baths
- Luxury toiletries by Bath House
- All bed linen and towels provided
- Bath robes and slippers
- Outdoor seating and smoking area, plus use of the beckside area and barbecue in our grounds
- Private parking for 2 cars, more by arrangement
- Storage rack for bicycles
- Enclosed area for dogs
- Outside tap and hose for muddy boots, bikes and dogs!
- Access by codelock – no keys to lose, and we can program with a code of your choice
Click on a thumbnail to launch viewer.
Floorplans are representative and dimensions may not be completely accurate.
Click on a thumbnail to view.