Sleeps 6 in three double or twin bedrooms.
No Smoking Indoors.
Sleeps 6 in three superking or twin bedrooms.The Carthouse is on three levels, with underfloor heating throughout apart from the top bedroom which has a radiator. The heating, which is controllable in all rooms, is provided by our ground source heat pumps.
The Carthouse has its own entrance, with ramped access for wheelchair users, and enters into a hallway. The ground floor has a comfortable lounge with plenty of seating for six, and has a stone fireplace with a wood-burning stove to provide a cosy feature, or to supplement the underfloor heating in the coldest weather. There’s a glazed door giving light and access to the outside, where there’s an old stone store big enough for bicycles. The Carthouse has a private gravelled area, which is fenced for dogs.
The lounge is equipped with an LCD television with Freesat, which also receives radio channels, a charging and speaker system dock for your iPhone or iPod, and a DVD/Blu-Ray player to enable you to watch a movie in the evenings and play music CDs.
Off the lounge is the large kitchen and dining room with exposed stonework and French doors to the outside where steps lead up to the rear grounds. The dining area has a table and chairs to seat up to six and plenty of good quality crockery, cutlery and glasses are provided.
The kitchen has a peninsular breakfast bar and is fully fitted with a double oven, ceramic hob, separate fridge and freezer, microwave, slow-cooker crockpot and a dishwasher, plus a washer/dryer for the laundry and plenty of storage space.
The ground floor wetroom has been designed with the needs of our disabled guests in mind, (please see our FAQ page for more information on facilities for disabled guests) with wide access, grab rails and assist call, and is equipped with a thermostatically controlled mains-pressure shower, wash basin and wc and a thermostatically controlled towel warmer with adjustable temperature setting.
The first floor has two fully furnished bedrooms with comfortable six foot wide beds which can be split into two adult-sized singles if desired. The master bedroom features exposed timbers and stonework, has a sofa for relaxing, and has a washbasin.
Along from the two bedrooms there is a bathroom fitted with washbasin, wc, towel warmer and a whirlpool bath specially shaped for showering, with a thermostatically controlled mains-pressure shower over.
Another flight of stairs leads to the third bedroom in the apex of the barn, again with a comfortable six foot wide bed which can be split into two adult-sized singles if desired. This bedroom is heated by its own individually controlled radiator rather than underfloor, and has velux windows with a good view of Wild Boar Fell. Headroom is restricted only at the extremities of the bedroom, so it is fine for adults.
Parking for three cars, more by arrangement.
No smoking inside any of the cottages.
Well trained dogs are welcome by arrangement. Please see our Dogs FAQs page for more information.
What you’ll find in The Carthouse
- Fully controllable underfloor heating from our ground source heat pumps, radiator in top bedroom
- Feature fireplace with woodburning stove
- Wireless internet access
- Flat screen 42″ TV with Freesat and radio channels
- DVD/Blu-Ray Player
- iPhone/iPod charging and sound dock
- Welcome tray on arrival
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar and including:
- Separate oven and ceramic hob
- Fridge and freezer
- Microwave oven
- Slow cooker
- Food Processor/Blender
- Full range of pans and utensils
- Plenty of cutlery, glasses, dishes and crockery, teapot and cafetiere
- Quality furnishings
- Comfortable six foot wide Superking size beds, which can be arranged as adult-sized twins, in all bedrooms
- Hairdryers in all bedrooms
- Powerful showers
- Whirlpool bath
- Ground floor wetroom
- Luxury toiletries from Bath House
- All bed linen and towels provided
- Bath robes and slippers
- Outdoor seating and smoking area, plus use of the beckside area and barbecue in our grounds
- Private parking for 3 cars, more by arrangement
- Storage for bicycles
- Enclosed area for dogs
- Outside tap and hose for muddy boots, bikes and dogs!
- Access by codelock – no keys to lose, and we can program with a code of your choice
Click on a thumbnail to view.
Click on the thumbnail to launch the Virtual Tour. Use the controls to zoom in and out and look up and down – you can also drag the mouse to look around.