Sleeps 4 in two double or twin ensuite bedrooms.
Can be linked with The Haystore for up to 8.
No Smoking Indoors.
The Byre is on two levels, plus a gallery, with fully controllable underfloor heating throughout provided by our ground source heat pumps.
Similar in layout to The Haystore, The Byre is built “upside down”, with the bedrooms on the ground floor and living area above. It has its own entrance through one of the original stable doors of the barn into a porch and “muddy boot” area, along with secure storage big enough for bicycles. A utility room has a washing machine and tumble dryer.
There are two double or twin bedrooms, each with full en-suite facilities including a whirlpool bath specially shaped for showering, with a thermostatically controlled mains-pressure shower over, and a towel warmer. The comfortable six foot wide superking-size beds can be split into two adult-sized singles, so the bedrooms can be arranged as twins if desired.
Upstairs is a superb and comfortably furnished living area with two sofas. French doors open from the lounge area onto a balcony, where you can smoke if you wish, with stone steps leading down to the gravel garden area, which is fenced for dogs. The lounge has a stone fireplace with a wood-burning stove which provides a lovely focal point and a supplement to the underfloor heating in the coldest weather, and we’ve made full use of the original height of the barn, with the old roof trusses exposed and a wooden staircase leading up to a small gallery area with additional seating and card table.
Have a look at the virtual tour of the lounge for a much better impression of the space.
There’s an LCD television with Freesat, which also receives radio channels, a charging and speaker system dock for your iPhone or iPod, and a DVD/Blu-Ray player to enable you to watch a movie in the evenings and play music CDs.
The dining area has a table and six chairs and plenty of good quality crockery, cutlery and glasses are provided.
The kitchen is fully fitted with a double oven, ceramic hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, slow-cooker crockpot and a dishwasher, with plenty of storage space.
For a large group we can connect the upstairs living areas of The Byre and The Haystore which are normally separated by twin solid firedoors and soundproofing. The dining area in The Haystore has plenty of space, and for large groups we supply extra tables so everyone can eat together.
Parking by the cottage for two cars, more by arrangement.
No smoking inside any of the cottages.
Well trained dogs are welcome by arrangement. Please see our Dogs FAQs page for more information.
What you’ll find in The Byre
- Fully controllable underfloor heating from our ground source heat pumps
- Feature fireplace with woodburning stove
- Wireless internet access
- Flat screen 42″ TV with Freesat and radio channels
- DVD/Blu-Ray Player
- iPhone/iPod charging and sound dock
- Welcome tray on arrival
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Fully fitted kitchen including
- Separate oven and ceramic hob
- Fridge and freezer
- Microwave oven
- Slow cooker
- Food Processor/Blender
- Full range of pans and utensils
- Plenty of cutlery, glasses, dishes and crockery, teapot and cafetiere
- Quality furnishings
- Comfortable six foot wide Superking size beds, which can be arranged as adult-sized twins, in both bedrooms
- Hairdryers in both bedrooms
- Powerful showers
- Whirlpool baths
- Luxury toiletries by Bath House
- All bed linen and towels provided
- Bath robes and slippers
- Outdoor seating and smoking area, plus use of the beckside area and barbecue in our grounds
- Private parking for 2 cars, more by arrangement
- Storage for bicycles
- Enclosed area for dogs
- Outside tap and hose for muddy boots, bikes and dogs!
- Access by codelock – no keys to lose, and we can program with a code of your choice
Click on a thumbnail to view.
Click on the thumbnail to launch the Virtual Tour. Use the controls to zoom in and out and look up and down – you can also drag the mouse to look around.